NLW MS 13067B.
Barddoniaeth a rhyddiaith,
- [1575x1700]. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Name of creator
Name of creator
The names 'John Owens', 'John Vaughan', 'Owen Jones ', ?'Ellis Evans', 'William Roberts', 'Evan Evans', 'Evan Jones', ?'Ren [ ]lld A Hugh Chaynes', ?'Hugh Thomas Jhon Edwards', and 'David and [ ] ? Jones', appear in the volume, and 'David Prichiard', 'William Roberts's Booke wittness by me [ ] Owens of Dylaswy', 'Gulielmus Roberti eius Liber Petrus Owens', 'and Samuel Waker's hammer, 1749', 'William Roberts is the true owner of this Booke. Peter Owens Scripta manet 7br ye 15th 1733', and 'David Morris is ye true owner' appear as marginalia.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Forty-four loose leaves (many imperfect and stained) and a fragment containing miscellaneous material in a number of ?late sixteenth and seventeenth century hands. The contents include notes in English and Welsh on palmistry; transcripts, largely incomplete, of Welsh poems in strict and free metres by ? Owen Jones, Griff. ap Dd. Fychan, ? Willi[am] ffylyp, Dd. Llwyd ?Lln. ap Owain, Robin Ddu o Fôn, David Lloyd ap Lln. ap Griffith, Thomas Price, Owen Gwynedd, Wiliam Llyn, Sowdwal, Siôn Keri, Siôn Tudur, Tomas Brydydd, Doctor Siôn Kent, Siôn ap Howel, Gruffudd Hiraethoc, Rys Kain, and Edw[a]rt Maelor; transcripts of two 'englynion', one in English and one in Latin; etc. The inscription 'Hwn o Lyfr Meyryg Dafydd, July 1821' (in the hand of Edward Williams) appears in the volume.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Welsh, English, Latin.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Llanover B. 5. ii.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13067B.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Dafydd, Meurig, 1514-1595 (Subject)
- Jones, Owen, poet (Subject)
- Gruffudd ap Dafydd Fychan, 15 cent. (Subject)
- Phylip, William, 1579-1669 (Subject)
- Dafydd Llwyd, of Mathafarn, approximately 1420-1500 (Subject)
- Robin Ddu, fl. 1450 (Subject)
- Prys, Thomas, 1564?-1634 (Subject)
- Owain Gwynedd, ca. 1545-1601 (Subject)
- Wiliam Llŷn, 1534 or 5-1580 (Subject)
- Swrdwal Hen (Subject)
- Siôn Ceri, fl. 1500?-1530? (Subject)
- Tudur, Siôn (Subject)
- Tomas ab Ieuan ap Rhys, ca. 1510-ca. 1560 (Subject)
- Siôn Cent, approximately 1367-approximately 1430 (Subject)
- Siôn ap Hywel ap Llywelyn Fychan (Subject)
- Gruffudd Hiraethog, -1564 (Subject)
- Rhys Cain, -1614 (Subject)
- Edward Maelor, fl. c. 1580-1620 (Subject)
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales