NLW MS 13066B.
'Llyfr Meyrig Davydd' ,
- [1534x1826] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
82 ff. Repaired and rebound in half vellum.
Name of creator
The names of William Pres ap Gwillim ap John, J[?oh]an ap Gwillin (sic) Gwyn, Dauid ap Owen John, and Dafydd Ddu Fardd appear on various pages.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
An imperfect manuscript consisting largely of a collection of Welsh strict-metre poems including a number of 'cywyddau' and 'awdlau', 1534-1593 and undated, by, and possibly in the hand of, Meurig Dafydd [of Llanisien, near Cardiff] (see IMCY, tt. 67-70, 108-10; and TLLM., tt. 72, 76-8), and transcripts of poems by Dafydd Bennwynn, W[i]llia]m Kynwal, Gr[uffydd] ap Ieuan Lle'nn Vychan, William Llun, Sils ap Siôn, Ieuan ap Howel Swrdwal, Davydd Goch, Tyder Alled, Sion Tydyr, Ieuan ap Huw, Deio Dyo Dy Benedeniol, Hari Prys Gwilim Goch ? Domas 'o sir Gaervyrddin', John y Kent, Howel D'd ap Ieuan ap Ris, and Rus ap Hari. Of this second group of poems some appear to be in the same hand as the poems by Meurig Dafydd and some in a different hand or hands of the same or a later period. There are a few marginal notes in the hand of Edward Williams ('Iolo Morganwg').
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Llanover B. 5. i.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13066B.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- ? Meurig Dafydd and 'Iolo Morganwg'. (Creator)
- Dafydd, Meurig, 1514-1595 (Subject)
- Dafydd Benwyn, 16th cent. (Subject)
- Cynwal, Wiliam, -1587 or 1588 (Subject)
- Gruffydd ap Ieuan ap Llywelyn Fychan, ca. 1485-1553 (Subject)
- Wiliam Llŷn, 1534 or 5-1580 (Subject)
- Sils ap Sion, fl. 1570-1590 (Subject)
- Ieuan ap Hywel Swrdwal, d. ca. 1485 (Subject)
- Dafydd Goch Brydydd, o Fuallt, fl. end 16 cent. (Subject)
- Tudur Aled, approximately 1465-approximately 1525 (Subject)
- Tudur, Siôn (Subject)
- Ieuan ap Huw Cae Llwyd, fl. 1475-1500 (Subject)
- Deio Du, poet (Subject)
- Harri Prys Gwilym Goch Domas (Subject)
- Siôn Cent, ca. 1367-ca. 1430 (Subject)
- Hywel Dafydd ab Ieuan ap Rhys (Subject)
- Rhys ap Harri, of Euas (Subject)
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales