- [c. 1761].
Part of Cwrtmawr Manuscripts,
A manuscript of 'englynion', 'carolau', 'cerddi', 'penillion', etc. by Edward Maurise, Hugh Jones (Llangwm), Mr [William] Wynne (Llangynhafel [sic]), Mathew Owen, Edward Rowland, 'Prydudd Cystyllen', Maurice Roberts (Probert) (Bala), Robt Jones (Penrhiw Dwrch, Llaniwllyn), Thomas Gryffydd, John David Las, Dicc. Abraham, Robert Lewys, Rowland David, Robt. Thomas, Ro[wlan]d Jo[ne]s, John Niccolas ('or Llysendy'?), Hugh Lloyd Cynfel, Hugh Maurice, Efan Dew, Wm. Llyn, Sion Phylip, Bedo Hafesb, Simon Sion [Jones] (Blaen y Cwm Gynllwyd), John Cadwalader, Ellis William ('or wergloddu'), Thomas Evans, Llewelun Jones, Llywelyn Cadw[alad]r?, Lewis Jones (Tymawr), John Fychan, Dafydd Manuel, and Lewis or plas, together with anonymous compositions. The volume has an obvious association with the Llanuwchllyn area of Merioneth. The greater part of it was written apparently by Richard Hughes, Pentre, circa 1761.