NLW MS 9177B.
A Llanberis commonplace book,
- [1790x1850] / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
An album or commonplace book originally kept at the New Inn, Llanberis. It contains a short sketch of the history of Llanberis, a note on John Closs, who died of exposure on Snowdon in 1805, with lines composed on the occasion by P[eter] B[ailey] W[illiams]; a 'Sonnet to Snowdon' by Miss Locke; odes to Snowdon, 1819; a 'Sketch of Snowdon for the benefit of sojourners at Llanberis' by Colonel Bell; a note on Evan Evans ('Ieuan Brydydd Hir') with an elegy by R. Williams of Vron near Mold, 1790; a sonnet by Kirke White; particulars of ashes carted, 1823-1827; and notes of visitors to the Inn, 1819.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly Hobley Griffith MS 27.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 9177B.
Virtua system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Peter Bailey Williams and others. (Creator)
- New Inn (Llanberis, Wales) (Subject)
- Closs, John, d. 1805 (Subject)
- Closs, John, d. 1805 -- Death and burial -- Poetry (Subject)
- Evans, Evan, 1731-1788 (Subject)
- Evans, Evan, 1731-1788 -- Death and burial -- Poetry (Subject)
- Williams, P. B. (Peter Bailey), 1763-1836 (Subject)
- White, Henry Kirke, 1785-1806. (Subject)
- Williams, R., Vron, Mold (Subject)
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales