NLW MS 21958D.
Letters to Alfred Thomas, Lord Pontypridd,
- 1886-1913. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
i, 154 ff. Guarded and filed.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Winifred A. Myers (Autographs) Ltd; London; Purchase; 1983
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Some sixty letters, 1886-1913, to Alfred Thomas, 1st baron Pontypridd, relating mainly to national and local politics and to secondary and university education in Wales. The correspondents include Sir Edward Anwyl (1) 1905, Henry Austin Bruce, Lord Aberdare (1) 1886, Sir D. Brynmor Jones (2) 1900, J. Viriamu Jones (3) 1900, Sir Isambard Owen (1) 1893, Robert Threshie Reid, Lord Loreburn (4) 1908-1911, Lord Rendel (2) 1899, 1902, and Charles Vaughan, dean of Llandaf (6) 1888-1897.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The contents of NLW MSS 21701-22852 are indexed in greater detail in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, vol. 8 (Aberystwyth, 1999).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 21958D.
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Thomas, Alfred, 1840-1927 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Anwyl, E. (Edward), 1866-1914 (Subject)
- Aberdare, Henry Austin Bruce, Baron, 1815-1895 (Subject)
- Jones, D. Brynmor (David Brynmor), Sir, 1852-1921 (Subject)
- Jones, J. V. (John Viriamu), 1856-1901 (Subject)
- Owen, Isambard, Sir, 1850-1927 (Subject)
- Loreburn, Robert T. Reid (Robert Threshie Reid), Earl, 1846-1923 (Subject)
- Rendel, Stuart Rendel, Baron, 1834-1913 (Subject)
- Thomas, Alfred, 1840-1927 (Subject)
- Vaughan, C. J. (Charles John), 1816-1897 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
This description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH.
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion