NLW MS 965i-iiE
- 1840-1874 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
200 items (numbered 201-400)
Repaired and bound as 2 volumes at NLW, 1969.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Some one hundred and seventy-three autograph letters, 1845-1874, to Stephens from a large number of individuals prominent in the life of Wales, including Max Muller, Richard Parry (Gwalchmai), Sir Thomas Phillipps of Middle Hill, Thomas Price (Carnhuanawc), William Rees, Llandovery, Samuel Roberts (S. R.), Albert Schulz, Connop Thirlwall, S. Prideaux Tregelles, Theodore Hersart de la Villemarque, John Williams (Ab Ithel), Morris Williams (Nicander), Robert Williams, Rhydycroesau, and Rowland Williams (items 201-373). Also included in the volume are miscellaneous further letters, together with other papers including notes, draft articles, visas, eisteddfod adjudications and poetry, 1840-1862 (items 374-400).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Arranged at NLW as follows: letters (arranged alphabetically by surname); other letters and papers.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
A transcript of the manuscript's contents is available at https://archives.library.wales/transcripts/NLW_965_i_a_ii.pdf.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Formerly known as Thomas Stephens 62i-ii.
Preferred citation: NLW MSS 965i-iiE
Title based on contents.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Stephens, Thomas, 1821-1875 -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Müller, F. Max (Friedrich Max), 1823-1900. (Subject)
- Gwalchmai, 1803-1897 (Subject)
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872. (Subject)
- Price, Thomas, 1787-1848. (Subject)
- Roberts, Samuel, 1800-1885 (Subject)
- Schulz, Albert, 1802-1893. (Subject)
- Thirlwall, Connop, 1797-1875. (Subject)
- Tregelles, Samuel Prideaux, 1813-1875. (Subject)
- La Villemarqué, Théodore Hersart, Vicomte de, 1815-1895 (Subject)
- Williams, John, 1811-1862 (Subject)
- Williams, Morris, 1809-1874. (Subject)
- Williams, Robert, 1810-1881. (Subject)
- Williams, Rowland, 1817-1870. (Subject)
- Rees, William, 1808-1873 (Subject)