- 1862-1938. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Letters to George Ralph Charles Ormsby-Gore, third Baron Harlech, 1862-1938, from his wife, family, friends, political acquaintances, military personnel and several individuals whose sons were killed in service with the Welsh Guards. Topics of interest are: political representation of Merionethshire; the Unionist party in Blaenau Ffestiniog, 1910-1912; army appointments, including the recipient 's command and eventual resignation from the Welsh Guards, 1915-1918; government military policy and army life during the First World War; travel in China; renovations to the grave of Owen Arthur Ormsby-Gore in South Africa, 1926-1928; the economic life of pre-war Canada, 1910; the military and political career of William George Arthur Ormsby-Gore in Egypt and Palestine during the First World War and later in the British cabinet; family history relating to Sir George Seymour and to Gore monuments in Ireland; research on a painting of Charles II; history of the coastline at Harlech; liquidation of the Ardudwy Farmers' Association, 1912; formation of Talsarnau Co-operative Society, 1914; a church appointment in Shropshire, 1937; and the transfer of Criccieth Castle to H.M. Office of Works, 1932-1933.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions set out in information provided when applying for their Readers' Tickets, whereby the reader shall become responsible for compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 in relation to any processing by them of personal data obtained from modern records held at the Library. = Disgwylir i ddarllenwyr sydd am ddefnyddio papurau modern yn Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru gydymffurfio â Deddf Warchod Data 2018 a Rheoliadau Diogelu Data Cyffredinol 2018 yng nghyd-destun unrhyw brosesu ganddynt o ddata personol a gasglwyd o gofnodion modern sydd ar gadw yn y Llyfrgell. Nodir y manylion yn yr wybodaeth a roddir wrth wneud cais am Docyn Darllen
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title of series supplied from content.
Enclosures: minutes and accounts of the Ardudwy Farmers' Association, 1912.
Preferred citation: PEC9.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Clergy -- England -- Shropshire.
- World War, 1914-1918.
- Coasts -- Wales -- Harlech.
- Soldiers -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.
- Canada -- Economic conditions.
- China -- Description and travel.
- Harlech (Wales) -- Historical geography.
- Merioneth (Wales) -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
- Merioneth (Wales) -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Place access points
Name access points
- Ardudwy Farmers' Association. (Subject)
- Great Britain. Army. Welsh Guards. (Subject)
- Talsarnau Co-operative Society. (Subject)
- Criccieth Castle (Wales) (Subject)
- Liberal Unionist Party (Great Britain). Blaenau Ffestiniog branch. (Subject)
- Ormsby-Gore, George Ralph Charles, 3rd Baron Harlech, 1855-1938 -- Correspondence. (Subject)
- Ormsby-Gore, Owen Arthur, d. 1852 -- Monuments -- South Africa. (Subject)
- Ormsby-Gore, William George Arthur, 1885-1964 -- Career in Public administration. (Subject)
- Seymour, George Francis, Sir, 1787-1870 -- Family. (Subject)
- Gore family -- Monuments -- Ireland. (Subject)
- Charles II, King of England, 1630-1685 -- Portraits. (Subject)
- Ormsby-Gore, George Ralph Charles, Baron Harlech, 1855-1938 (Subject)