- [14 cent]-1951. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
60 vols, 2 outsize vols, 3 rolls, 77 bundles, 113 folders, 50 envelopes, 2 loose items.
Name of creator
The Maurices and the Owens were linked by descent and by marriage to several other prominent familes in North Wales, Shropshire and Ireland.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Family papers of Maurice, Owen and Ormsby-Gore of Clenennau and Brogyntyn and incorporating families related to them by marriage, such as Anwyl of Park, Clayton of Lea Hall, Godolphin of Abertanat, Hanmer of Pentre-pant, Lyster of Penrhos, Vaughan of Corsygedol and Wynn of Glyn, [14 cent.]-1951. The papers consist of probate records, family settlements and trusts, 1485-[c. 1862], private correspondence, 1582-1950, personal papers of individuals, 1672-1945, papers relating to family interests such as genealogy and literature, [14 cent.]-1951, and royal appointments and honours, 1795-1948.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Arranged into five groups: probate records, family settlements and trusts; private correspondence; personal papers of individuals; papers relating to family interests; and royal appointments and honours.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restrictions on some items due to poor physical condition, for which see file descriptions.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title of sub-fonds supplied from content.
First date estimated from content.
Preferred citation: P.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Anwyl family, of Park. (Creator)
- Anwyl family, of Park -- Archives. (Subject)
- Clayton family, of Lea Hall -- Archives. (Subject)
- Godolphin family -- Archives. (Subject)
- Hanmer family, of Pentre-pant -- Archives. (Subject)
- Lyster family, of Penrhos and Moyne's Court -- Archives. (Subject)
- Vaughan family, of Corsygedol -- Archives. (Subject)
- Clayton family, of Lea Hall. (Subject)
- Godolphin family. (Subject)
- Hanmer family, of Pentre-pant. (Subject)
- Lyster family, of Penrhos and Moyne's Court. (Subject)
- Vaughan family, of Corsygedol (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales