NLW MS 11029C.
Officers of regiments connected with Wales,
- 1937 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Typescript 'Lists of the Officers of the Regiments connected with Wales' for the period 1715-1807, compiled from the English and Irish Commission Registers, etc., and edited by W. R. Williams, Tal-y-bont, Brecknockshire, 1937. The volume comprises the following regiments:- 23rd, Royal Welch Fusiliers; 24th, South Wales Borderers; 41st Invalids, Welsh Regiment; 75th, Prince of Wales; 85th, Royal Volunteers; and 94th, Royal Welsh Volunteers.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their Readers' Tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Part XX, 293.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11029C.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Williams, W. R. (William Retlaw), 1863-1944 (Creator)
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Welch Fusiliers. 23rd Regiment -- Officers (Subject)
- Great Britain. Army. South Wales Borderers. 24th Regiment -- Officers (Subject)
- Great Britain. Army. Invalids. 41st Welsh Regiment -- Officers (Subject)
- Great Britain. Army. Prince of Wales. 75th Regiment -- Officers (Subject)
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Volunteers. 85th Regiment -- Officers (Subject)
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Welsh Volunteers. 94th Regiment -- Officers (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Description compiled by Bethan Ifans for the retrospective conversion project of NLW MSS. The following source was used in the compilation of this description: Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume III (Aberystwyth, 1961);