NLW MS 7743E
-  x  (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Fifty-three files of unbound material accumulated by Bradney during the preparation of A History of Monmouthshire and containing press and proof copies, transcripts and abstracts of, and extracts from, manuscripts, deeds and documents, holograph and autograph letters, pedigrees and genealogical notes, press cuttings, etc., generally arranged under parishes. Much of the material is in the autographs of friends and official copyists. This volume contains extracts from Chancery Proceedings, Court of Delegates Proceedings and Court of Delegates Cause Papers, and abstracts and extracts of wills, 1624-1818, relating to the families of Watkins, Herbert, Lorimer, Powell, Coxe, Vaughan, Cecil, Catchmay, Springett, etc.; pedigrees and genealogical notes relating to the families of Perrott of Bedwellty, Gelligaer (Glamorgan), Llanfihangel Talyllyn (Brecknockshire), etc., Hanbury of Pontypool Park and Coldbrook, Cooke of Goytrey, Lloyd of Peterwell (Cardiganshire) and Maesyfelin (Carmarthenshire), etc., including extracts from the parish registers of Llangasty Talyllyn (Brecknockshire), 1721-1837, Gelligaer (Glamorgan), 1847-1883, and Sutton St Nicholas (Herefordshire), 1588-1814, and monumental inscriptions from Trevethin, 1739, and Bedwellty, 1773-1774, and Gelligaer (Glamorgan), 1761-1857; letters, 1899-1909; and transcripts of letters and other documents relating to the Chepstow Volunteers and East Monmouth Local Militia, 1798-1812.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Welsh, English, Latin
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Formerly known as Bradney 183.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 7743E
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Subject access points
- Equity pleading and procedure -- Wales -- Monmouthshire.
- Public records -- Wales -- Monmouthshire.
- Court records -- Wales -- Monmouthshire.
- Wills -- Wales -- Monmouthshire.
- Church records and registers -- Wales -- Llangasty Talyllyn.
- Church records and registers -- England -- Sutton St. Nicholas.
- Monmouthshire (Wales)
- Monmouthshire (Wales) -- History
- Monmouthshire (Wales) -- Militia
Place access points
Name access points
- Chepstow Local Volunteers [Military] (Subject)
- Watkins family (Subject)
- Herbert family (Subject)
- Lorimer family (Subject)
- Powell family (Subject)
- Coxe family (Subject)
- Vaughan family (Subject)
- Cecil family (Subject)
- Catchmay family (Subject)
- Springett family (Subject)
- Perrott family, Gelligaer (Subject)
- Perrott family, Bedwellty (Subject)
- Perrott family, Llanfihangel Talyllyn (Subject)
- Hanbury family, Pontypool Park (Subject)
- Hanbury Williams family, of Coldbrook Park (Subject)
- Cooke family, Goytre (Subject)
- Lloyd family, of Peterwell. (Subject)
- Lloyd family, Maesyfelin. (Subject)