- 1900-1995 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
392 ff. (Vol. I: ff. 1-202; Vol II: ff. 203-392)
Guarded and filed as two volumes.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Various sources, (detailed in a list at the beginning of the file); Donations and purchases; 1982-1989
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Letters, 1900-1995, of miscellaneous provenance. Correspondents include A. J. Balfour (1) 1916, W. H. Davies (2) 1912-1913, Lyubov (Aimée) F. Dostoevskaya (1, in French) 1924, Owen M. Edwards (4) 1900-1916, David Lloyd George (4) 1911-1919, Megan Lloyd George (3) 1948-1951, Richard Hughes (6) 1923-1935, Augustus John (7) -1950, Daniel Jones (2) 1972-1981, David Jones (1) 1966 (discussing some of his paintings), Jack Jones (2) 1938-1939, Saunders Lewis (5) 1951-1965, Wallis Simpson, later Duchess of Windsor (1) 1937, Edward Thomas (1) 1901, and Ralph Vaughan Williams (1) .
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions noted on the 'Modern papers - data protection' form issued with their readers' tickets.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright laws apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Welsh, English, French.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The contents of NLW MSS 21701-22852 are indexed in greater detail in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, vol. 8 (Aberystwyth, 1999).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 21818E.
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Balfour, Arthur James Balfour, Earl of, 1848-1930. (Subject)
- Davies, W. H. (William Henry), 1871-1940 (Subject)
- Dostoevskaya, Lyubov F. (Lyubov Fedorovna) (Subject)
- Lloyd George, David, 1863-1945 (Subject)
- Lloyd George, Megan, 1902-1966 (Subject)
- John, Augustus, 1878-1961 (Subject)
- Jones, Daniel, 1912-1993. (Subject)
- Jones, Jack, 1884-1970. (Subject)
- Windsor, Wallis Warfield, Duchess of, 1896-1986. (Subject)
- Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958 (Subject)
- Hughes, Richard, 1900-1976 (Subject)
- Jones, David, 1895-1974 (Subject)
- Edwards, Owen M. (Owen Morgan), 1858-1920 (Subject)
- Thomas, Edward, 1878-1917 (Subject)
- Lewis, Saunders, 1893-1985 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
This description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH.
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion