NLW MS 12368E.
- [1855x1900] / (Creation)
Lefel y disgrifiad
Maint a chyfrwng
Ardal cynnwys a strwythur
Natur a chynnwys
A volume of miscellaneous transcripts and extracts largely of Carmarthen and Carmarthenshire interest. The contents include an alphabetical list of place-names in England, Wales, and Scotland, with etymological notes; an alphabetical list of English, Welsh, and other personal names, with brief notes on their derivation; notes on the chief elements in Celtic river names, English place-name elements, English vocabulary, Carmarthen fairs, folk-names, genealogy, early Britain, Owen Glyndwr, the monastic orders, the Stone-Age men, 'Twm Sion Catty's alleged marriage with the Heiress of Ystradffin', etc.; annotated transcripts of the last letters written by David Rees, Llanelly, who was hanged at Carmarthen in 1888; an account of Sir Hugh Vaughan, the duellist, from 'Les Chroniques de Jersey' written in 1585 by Samuel de Carteret, with an English translation; a transcript of a letter from Theo. Jones, Brecon, to the Reverend James Donne, D.D., Oswestry, 1804 (the genealogy of the Donnes of Radnorshire); notes on William Barlow, bishop of St. Davids, etc.; a poll of the parish of St. Peter's, Carmarthen, 1855, for the 'final extinction of Church-Rates'; a list of place-names in cos. Caermarthen, Cardigan, and Pembroke, 'as on Emanuel Bowen's County Seats Map of Wales', ca 1710'; transcripts of deeds of lease and release of the Quaker meeting-house at Caermarthen, 1748-1831; lists of names of persons extracted from records of the borough of Caermarthen, 1530-1835, and an annotated alphabetical list of place-names from the same source; notes on the recorders, 1569-1890, chamberlains, 1633-, town clerks, ante 1578/9-1825, sword-bearers, -1823, and civic serjeants-at-mace, 1578-1831, of the borough of Caermarthen; transcripts of a final concord relating to properties in Eweny, Golwynston, Landowe, Wyke, Coychurche, Peterston, Pendyloyn, Saint George's, Saint Andreas, Wenvo, Cadoxton, Coston, Pennarth, Cogan, Landav, Whitechurche, Aberdare, and Saint Johns, and the advowson of the church of Peterston, co. Glamorgan, 1583, and of an estreat of the court roll of the manor of Peterston super Ely, co. Glamorgan, 1633; a transcript, with an English translation, of the roll of fealty and presentments on the accession of Edward, the Black Prince, to the Princedom of Wales, 1343; transcripts of 'Can Morfudd i'r Gyllell' by [Edward Williams] 'Iolo Morganwg', of a letter from Thomas Jones ('Twm Sion Cati'), Tregaron, to Gregory Price, the Priorye, Hereford, containing a pedigree of the recipient's family taken from Llyfr Baglan (The Book of Baglan), and of the will and probate of Sarah Daniel of Brondawe, parish of Llanegwad, co. Carmarthen, 1838; extracts from a lecture on 'The Public Records relating to Wales' by Richard Arthur Roberts ('son of the late respected Jonathan Roberts, of Dark Gate, Carmarthen'), delivered before the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, 1889 [see Y Cymmrodor, vol. X, 1889, pp. 157-206]; 'The Rising of the Welsh Rebecca-ites', probably in the form of extracts from newspaper files; a description of the arms of Sir William Nott, G.C.B. ( from the College of Heralds, by favour of T. M. J. Watkin, Portcullis, 1895); annotated transcripts of elegies in memory of the Reverend Peter Williams, Carmarthen, by Griffith Williams ('Gutyn Peris'), Braich Talog, and John Williams, St. Athan; English translations by the scribe of the Fabeln ('Fables') of Gotthold Ephrain Lessing and of Streit and Friede ('Strife & Peace or a few Scenes in Norway') by Frederica Bremer; geological notes on South Wales, with illustrations; extracts from Chas. Knight: The Pictorial History of England; a transcript of the letters patent granting county status to the borough of Carmarthen, 1604; forms of legal instruments, bills, insurance policies, etc.; 'Key to Norie's Navigation' [ i.e., John William Norie: . . Practical Navigation]; 'Exercises in Mathematics, etc.'; a list of Griffith wills and administrations among the ecclesiastical probate records in the St. Davids Diocesan Registry at Carmarthen; etc. The volume was originally in the form of loose leaves of uniform size contained in a box-file lettered 'Ex Alcwyn Evans MSS. Miscellanea'.
Gwerthuso, dinistrio ac amserlennu
System o drefniant
Ardal amodau mynediad a defnydd
Amodau rheoli mynediad
Amodau rheoli atgynhyrchu
Iaith y deunydd
Sgript o ddeunydd
Nodiadau iaith a sgript
English, Latin, Welsh, Norman-French.
Cyflwr ac anghenion technegol
Ardal deunyddiau perthynol
Bodolaeth a lleoliad y gwreiddiol
Bodolaeth a lleoliad copïau
Unedau o ddisgrifiad cysylltiedig
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Alcwyn C. Evans 13.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 12368E.
Virtua system control number
Pwyntiau mynediad pwnc
- Rebecca Riots, 1839-1844.
- Public records -- Wales.
- Quakers -- Wales -- Carmarthen.
- Rivers -- Great Britain.
- Celtic languages -- Etymology -- Names.
- English language -- Etymology -- Names.
- English language -- Vocabulary.
- Fairs -- Wales -- Carmarthen.
- Monasticism and religious orders -- Great Britain -- History.
- Stone age -- Great Britain.
- Hangings -- Wales -- Carmarthen.
- Church tax -- Wales -- Carmarthen.
- Public records -- Wales -- Carmarthen.
- Land tenure -- Wales -- Carmarthenshire.
- Geology -- Wales, South.
- Arithmetic -- Problems, exercises, etc.
- Wills -- Wales -- Carmarthen.
- Names, Geographical -- Wales -- Carmarthenshire.
- Names, Geographical -- Wales -- Pembrokeshire.
- Names, Geographical -- Great Britain.
- Names, Personal -- Welsh.
- Names, Personal -- English.
- Great Britain -- History -- To 1066.
- Radnorshire (Wales) -- Genealogy.
- Carmarthen (Wales) -- Officials and employees.
- Names, Geographical -- Wales -- Cardiganshire
Pwyntiau mynediad lleoedd
Pwyntiau mynediad Enw
- Alcwyn C. Evans. (Creator)
- Quaker Meeting House (Carmarthen, Wales) (Pwnc)
- St. Peter (Church : Peterston-super-Ely, Wales) (Pwnc)
- Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion. (Pwnc)
- Church in Wales. Diocese of St. Davids -- Records and correspondence (Pwnc)
- Rees, David, ca.1865-1888. (Pwnc)
- Jones, Thomas, approximately 1530-approximately 1620 -- Marriage (Pwnc)
- Vaughan, Hugh, Sir. (Pwnc)
- De Carteret, Samuel -- Translations into English. (Pwnc)
- Barlow, William, -1568. (Pwnc)
- Bowen, Emanuel, d. 1767. (Pwnc)
- Edward, Prince of Wales, 1330-1376. (Pwnc)
- Price, Gregory, Hereford -- Family. (Pwnc)
- Daniel, Sarah, Llanegwad -- Will. (Pwnc)
- Nott, William, Sir, 1782-1845. (Pwnc)
- Joseph-Watkin, T. M. (Thomas Morgan), 1856-1915. (Pwnc)
- Norie, J. W. (John William), 1772-1843. (Pwnc)
- Lessing, Gotthold Ephraim, 1729-1781 -- Translations into English. (Pwnc)
- Bremer, Fredrika, 1801-1865 -- Translations into English. (Pwnc)
- De Carteret, Samuel. (Pwnc)
- Jones, Theophilus, 1759-1812. (Pwnc)
- Donne, James, 1764-1844. (Pwnc)
- Price, Gregory, Hereford. (Pwnc)
- Roberts, Richard Arthur, 1851-1943. (Pwnc)
- Williams, Griffith, 1769-1838. (Pwnc)
- Williams, John, St. Athan. (Pwnc)
- Knight, Charles, 1791-1873. (Pwnc)
- Donne family, Radnorshire. (Pwnc)
- Griffith family, Carmarthenshire -- Wills. (Pwnc)
- Iolo Morganwg, 1747-1826 (Pwnc)
- Jones, Thomas, approximately 1530-approximately 1620 (Pwnc)
- Williams, Peter, 1723-1796 -- Poetry (Pwnc)
- Glendower, Owen, approximately 1354-1416 (Pwnc)
Ardal rheolaeth disgrifiad
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales