NLW MS 23440D.
Letters to R. J. Derfel,
- [c. 1852]-1905. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
180 ff. Guarded and filed.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Ninety-seven letters and cards, 1853-1905, to Robert Jones Derfel from various correspondents including Isaac Foulkes ('Llyfrbryf') (2) 1894, Daniel Owen (1) 1894, Dr Joseph Parry (1) 1892, John Roberts ('Ieuan Gwyllt') (2) 1853-4, John Thomas ('Eifionydd') (5) 1889-1904, and William Williams ('Creuddynfab') (4) 1853-63. Also included is a draft letter of application by R. J. Derfel, c. 1852, for admission to ?Manchester Baptist College, and two greetings cards, 1903 and n.d., from him to his daughter Jane.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The contents of NLW MSS 22853-23691 are indexed in greater detail in Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, vol. 9 (Aberystwyth, 2003).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 23440D.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Baptist College (Manchester, England) (Subject)
- Derfel, R. J. (Robert Jones), 1824-1905 -- Correspondence. (Subject)
- Jones, Jane, Manchester. (Subject)
- Llyfrbryf, 1836-1904. (Subject)
- Owen, Daniel, 1836-1895. (Subject)
- Parry, Joseph, 1841-1903 (Subject)
- Eifionydd, 1848-1922. (Subject)
- Williams, William, 1814-1869. (Subject)
- Ieuan Gwyllt, 1822-1877 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales