- 1873-1905. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Two hundred and twenty-nine autograph letters and postcards, and a few Christmas cards, 1873-1903, addressed principally to George Eyre Evans, the material being primarily of Unitarian interest.
Included among the correspondents are Sir Edward Anwyl; Walter de Gray Birch; John Humphreys Davies, Cwrtmawr; David Lewis Evans, Llanybydder; Walter Jenkin Evans, Carmarthen; Rees Jenkin Jones, Aberdare; William Rathbone; and Thomas Francis Roberts. Also included are a copy of a testimonial, 1873, to George Eyre Evans from William Thomas ('Gwilym Marles'); printed poems in English by Evan Ceredig Jones, 1901-1903; and an index to the entire volume prepared by George Eyre Evans in January 1905.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Formerly known as Eyre Evans 28.
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 7951C.
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Llandysul County School (Llandysul, Wales) (Subject)
- Birch, Walter de Gray, 1842-1924. (Subject)
- Davies, J. H. (John Humphreys), 1871-1926 (Subject)
- Evans, David Lewis, 1813-1902. (Subject)
- Evans, Walter J. (Walter Jenkin), 1856-1927. (Subject)
- Jones, Rees Jenkin, 1835-1924. (Subject)
- Rathbone, William, 1819-1902. (Subject)
- Roberts, T. F. (Thomas Francis), 1860-1919. (Subject)
- Thomas, William, 1834-1879. (Subject)
- Jones, E. Ceredig (Evan Ceredig), 1850-1915. (Subject)
- Anwyl, E. (Edward), 1866-1914 (Subject)