NLW MSS 12937-12942B.
- ca. 1898-1902 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Twelve note-books containing ? notes of lectures given by Professor [George Edward Bateman] Saintsbury [of the University of Edinburgh] (English literature), Dr. A[ndrew] B[ruce] Davidson [of New College, Edinburgh] (Old Testament studies), and Professor [Archibald Robert Stirling] Kennedy [of the University of Edinburgh] (Hebrew), circa 1898- 1900, and by Professor [Emil Friedrich] Kautzsch [of the University of Halle] (Old Testament theology), 1902.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
English, German, etc.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as William Porter 18-23.
Preferred citation: NLW MSS 12937-12942B.
Virtua system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- William Porter. (Creator)
- University of Edinburgh. (Subject)
- New College (University of Edinburgh) (Subject)
- Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg (Subject)
- Saintsbury, George, 1845-1933. (Subject)
- Davidson, A. B. (Andrew Bruce), 1831-1902 (Subject)
- Kennedy, Archibald Robert Stirling, 1859-1938 (Subject)
- Kautzsch, Emil Friedrich, 1841-1910 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales