GB 0210 JILHUT
Jill Hutt Papers,
- [c. 1963]-1998 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.063 cubic metres (7 boxes)
Name of creator
Jill Hutt is a long-standing trade unionist and minute secretary of the Cardiff Trades Union Council, a founder member and secretary of the Cardiff Unemployed Group and an active member of the South Glamorgan Branch of the Parliament for Wales Campaign.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated by Ms Jill Hutt, Cardiff, 1998, 1999.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Papers of Jill Hutt, [c. 1963]-1998, relating to the formation of the Wales Trades Union Council (WTUC), 1970-1974; the Cardiff Trades Union Council, 1977-1989; the Association of Clerical, Technical and Supervisory Staff Section (ACTSS) Branch 4/45 of the Transport and General Workers' Union (TGWU), 1976-1979; National and Local Government Officers Association (NALGO), 1969-1994, and copies of Union Eyes, the Journal of the Cardiff Trades Union Council, 1987-1997; Parliament for Wales Campaign, 1992-1998; the Cardiff Unemployed Group papers, 1963-1998; low paid and part time work surveys, 1988-1991; the Welsh Language Act, 1992-1995; and the Welsh Baltic Association (WBA), and its Cardiff group, 1992-1997.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
Action: All records donated to the National Library of Wales have been retained..
Accruals are not expected.
System of arrangement
Arranged into the following: Trade Unions; Pressure groups and other organisations; printed material (1st group); Trade Unions; Parliament for Wales Campaign; and Pressure groups and other organisations (2nd group).
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to sign the 'Modern papers - data protection' form.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright regulations apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
A hard copy of the catalogue is available in Minor Lists and Summaries 1998, pp.31-32, and 2000, p.44, at the National Library of Wales. The catalogue can be accessed on-line.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title supplied from contents of fonds.
Virtua system control number
Place access points
Name access points
- Hutt, Jill. (Creator)
- Cardiff Trades Union Council -- Records and correspondence. (Subject)
- Cardiff Unemployed Group -- Records and correspondence. (Subject)
- Transport and General Workers' Union (Great Britain). Association of Clerical, Technical and Supervisory Staff -- Records and correspondence. (Subject)
- Welsh Baltic Association -- Records and correspondence. (Subject)
- Wales TUC -- Archives. (Subject)
- National and Local Government Officers Association -- Archives. (Subject)
- Cardiff Trades Union Council. (Subject)
- National Association of Local Government Officers. (Subject)
- Transport and General Workers' Union (Great Britain). Association of Clerical, Technical and Supervisory Staff. (Subject)
- Wales TUC. (Subject)
- Welsh Baltic Association. (Subject)
- Cardiff Unemployed Group. (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.;AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Compiled by Seri Crawley for the ANW project. The following source was consulted in the compilation of this description: NLW, Minor Lists and Summaries, 1998.