Dangos 24108 canlyniad

Disgrifiad archifol
Cyfres
Dewisiadau chwilio manwl
Rhagolwg argraffu Gweld:

Group II (1938)

Manuscripts, mostly in English or Latin, deposited at the National Library of Wales in 1938.

Deeds and documents

Mainly copies, extracts and translations (contemporaneous-19 cent.) of items dated temp. John (1199-1216)-1594, but including a group of deeds dated 1587-1684.

Deeds and documents

Mainly items dated early 13 cent.-c.1595, but including a group of bonds dated 1557-1850. See also no. 12154 (estreats from manorial court records, abstracts, and copies of indentures, etc. relating to lands and offices in cos Glam. etc., and in Berks., Glos. and elsewhere, [1550x1700]), in the co. Glam. section. Also no's 12365 (copy inquisitio post mortem of Roger Le Bigod, earl of Norfolk and marshal of England, property in cos Glos. and Mon., 1306), 11802 (tabulated abstracts of leases granted in co. Glos. and elsewhere in England and Wales, 16-18 cent.), and 12696-12756 (final concords of fines levied on property in cos Mon., Glos. and Wilts., 1550-1828), all in the co. Mon. section.

Aberbechan estate title deeds

Title deeds of houses and lands belonging to the estate of Aberbechan, Montgomeryshire, in the parishes of Aberhafesb, 1609, Betws Cedewain, 1564-1596, Carno, 1238, 1584-1590, Llanllwchaearn, 1566-1595, Llanwnnog, 1650, and Manafon, 1669-1680, together with miscellaneous bonds and other documents, 1577-1635. Several of the deeds record transactions of John Pryse of Aberbechan and Gogerddan, Edward Pryse, Sir Richard Pryse and the family of his wife, Dame Gwen Pryse, particularly Rees ap Morys ap Owen of Aberbechan. This series contains the earliest document found in the Gogerddan estate records, a gift by Brother Hugh of St Asaph to the Hospital of Jerusalem in Carno, 1238.

Group I (1934)

Manuscripts, mainly in English but also including the majority (ten out of thirteen) of the Welsh Brogyntyn manuscripts, deposited at the National Library of Wales in 1934.

Manuscripts.

Literary, legal and historical manuscripts, together with volumes of pedigrees and account books, including the account rolls of Sir Richard Wynn, treasurer of Queen Henrietta Maria.

Aberystwyth title deeds

Title deeds for houses and burgages in the town of Aberystwyth, some of which mention street names still in existence and others which have changed or disappeared, 1332-1890. Many of the deeds refer to familiar landmarks in the town, such as the river Rheidol, the bridge and the castle. It is clear that several of the properties were acquired by Sir Richard Pryse (elder and younger) in the first half of the seventeenth century and leased by their successors over the next two centuries. Other prominent Aberystwyth families are named: Vachan (Vaughan), Phillips, Glays (Glais), Voya, Rogers, and Davies of Crigie. Witnesses to the early deeds include the constables and stewards of Aberystwyth castle, the coroner, bailiffs, mayor and other town officials. Two files concern a piece of land near the castle called the Conigree or Trwyngwningen and refer to the herring mise.

Llanbadarn Fawr title deeds

Title deeds of houses and lands in the village and parish of Llanbadarn Fawr, 1332-1903, and in the townships of Clarach and Llangorwen, 1506-1798, 1895, Cwmrheidol, Dyffryn Melindwr and Ponterwyd, 1490-1671, 1859-1864, Cwmsymlog, 1562-1930, Elerch, 1548-1880, Faenor, 1552-1885, Peithyll, 1575-1637, 1880, Penrhyn-coch, 1557-1878, and Trefeurig, 1565-1900.

Llanfihangel Genau’r-glyn title deeds

Title deeds of houses, farms and lands in the parish of Llanfihangel Genau’r-glyn, 1334-1899, and in the townships of Ceulan a Maes-mawr, 1547-1793; Cyfoethybrenin, 1568-1613, 1869; Cynnull Mawr, 1541-1839; Henllys, 1536-1803; and Ysgubor-y-coed, [1547x1552]-1609, 1845-1890. The earliest deeds concern lands of the Clement family between the fourteenth and sixteenth centuries. Others record numerous acquisitions by the Pryse family of Gogerddan from the sixteenth to eighteenth centuries. The properties include parts of the Dol y Clettwr estate, parts of Cwmcynfelyn, Ynyshir, Brynllys, and several houses and commercial premises in Tal-y-bont.

Evan Evans (Ieuan Fardd) manuscripts

Manuscripts, mostly in the hand of Evan Evans (Ieuan Fardd), containing mainly transcripts of material of Welsh antiquarian, historical and literary interest, from sources which include royal genealogies, poetry, pedigrees, Brut y Tywysogion, Thomas Pennant, grammatical notes, etc.; also included are fifteenth-century tracts, seventeenth-century treatises, correspondence of Evan Evans, legal notebooks of Paul Panton, senior, and Paul Panton, junior, correspondence of Thomas Falconer (d. 1792), etc.

Evans, Evan, 1731-1788

Cemais – Llanwrin title deeds

Title deeds of houses and lands of the Mathafarn estate in the parishes of Cemais, Darowen and Llanbryn-mair, 1521-1736, Llandinam, Llangurig and Llanidloes, 1579-1730, Llanwnnog, 1616, and Llanwrin, 1403-1677. Many of the deeds record acquisitions and other transactions by the Pughe family of Mathafarn between 1561 and 1736. One file contains leases and assignments of the lordships of Arwystli and Cyfeiliog, as well as named properties within the lordships, 1568-1673. Some files refer to the Purcell family of Dinthill, Salop, the Meredith family of Glynceirig and the Jones family of Clegyrddwr, Llanbryn-mair

Cardiganshire title deeds

Title deeds, 1416-1894, relating to houses and lands situated mainly in Penbryn, Betws Ifan, Bron-gwyn, Blaen-porth, Troed-yr-aur, Llangrannog, Llangynllo, Llandyfriog, Llangoedmor, Cardigan, Llechryd and Tre-main in Cardiganshire but occasionally including properties in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire. They include Plas Dyffryn Llynan in Cardigan, Cawres in Llangoedmor, Melin Brithdir and other mills in Penbryn and Troed-y-raur, and Cefn Ceirw, Penbryn. The Lewis family also held the manor of Iscoed Is Hirwern, Cardigan Castle and fishing rights on the River Teifi. Names of other property owners include Lewis of Gernos, John Loyd of Llangoedmor and William Wogan of Wiston. The early deeds record the acquisition of properties by the Lewis family from the sixteenth century. From the mid-eighteenth century there are leases by Walter Pryse, Lewis Pryse, Edward Loveden Loveden and Sir Pryse Pryse. Deeds from 1875-1883 record the sale by Sir Pryse Pryse and his trustees of parts of the settled family estate, There is a possibility that this series includes deeds from the Priory estate which have not been identified separately. A small number of items derive from the estate of Abermad in Llanilar, which seems to have been acquired by James Lewes in right of his first wife.

Llangathen and other Carmarthenshire deeds and documents

Title deeds for properties of an estate lying mainly in the parish of Llangathen and township of Catheiniog, but also including lands in Llansteffan, Dryslwyn, Llandeilo and Pencarreg, 1428-1660. There are some references to the Lewes family of Abernantbychan; others include Vachan, Vichan or Vaughan, Gwilim, Beinon or Eynon, and Rudd of Aberglasney

Canlyniadau 1 i 20 o 24108