D.T.M. Jones (Firm)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

D.T.M. Jones (Firm)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

D. T. M. Jones & Co. was a firm of solicitors based in Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, established [c. 1775] by Edward Jones (?1750-?1820) of Llandeilo'r Fan, Brecknockshire. His son, Edward Jones, also worked for the firm, and in 1833 became Clerk of the Peace for the county of Carmarthenshire. Roger Jones of Talgarth, Brecknockshire, attorney, was related to Edward Jones; his brother was the Rev. John Jones. The company dealt with a wide range of estates and families in the counties of Brecknockshire, Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire, Glamorgan, Pembrokeshire and Radnorshire. John Jones of Glanhonddu took over the business during the first half of the nineteenth century, followed by Thomas Jones of Velindre, Brecknockshire [c. 1830]-[c. 1905], who became Clerk of the Peace for Brecknockshire in 1886. By the end of the nineteenth century, the firm included Douglas Thomas Maybery Jones of Llanfair Grange, Llandovery, who continued the practice until 1933, and it was active into the 1960s.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC