- 1687-1889 / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.009 cubic metres (1 box)Some of the papers have been damaged.
Name of creator
D. Gethin Williams, solicitor, had offices in The Kingsway, Swansea, Glamorgan. In the course of his work, he acquired deeds and other papers relating to his clients' interests in Carmarthenshire and Glamorgan. In 1962, the business was taken by John O. Morgan, solicitors, of Pontardawe, Glamorgan.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Deposited by D. Gethin Williams, Swansea, and by Margaret Phillips, Millbrook, Llanrhidian, per D. Gethin Williams, Swansea, between 1956 and 1959.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Collection of deeds acquire by D. Gethin Williams, relating to properties in Carmarthenshire and Glamorgan, 1687-1889.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
Action: All records deposited at NLW have been retained.
Accruals are not expected.
System of arrangement
Arranged by deposit and in chronological order.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to sign the 'Modern papers - data protection' form.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright regulations apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
A hard copy of the catalogue is available at the National Library of Wales. The catalogue can be accessed online.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title supplied from name of collector of fonds.
Virtua system control number
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.;AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Compiled by Annette Strauch for the ANW project. The following source was used in the compilation of this description: NLW, Schedule of D. Gethin Williams Collection of Deeds.