GB 0210 BEAONT
Beaumont Collection of Coal, Iron and Steel Company Records,
- 1837-1876 (accumulated ) / (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.086 cubic metres (3 boxes)
Name of creator
Mr S. L. Beaumont, of Hereford, accumulated a group of deeds and other records relating to coal and iron companies in Brecknockshire, Glamorgan and Carmarthenshire (Trimsaran Coal, Iron, and Steel Company, Ynisarwed Resolven Colliery Company, and Yniscedwyn Iron, Steel and Coal Company), and also manorial records for the manor of Evenjobb, Radnorshire.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated by S. L. Beaumont, Hereford, 1948.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Deeds and documents relating to Trimsaran Coal, Iron and Steel Company, [c. 1861]-1872; Ynisarwed Resolven Colliery Company, 1866-1875; and Yniscedwyn Iron, Steel, and Coal Company, 1837-1875; and copies of Court Rolls of the Manor of Evenjobb, Radnorshire, 1798-1851.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
Action: All records donated to the National Library of Wales have been retained..
Accruals are not expected.
System of arrangement
Arranged into the following: Trimsaran Coal, Iron and Steel Company Limited; the Ynisarwed Resolven Colliery Company Limited; Yniscedwyn Iron, Steel and Coal Company; miscellaneous deeds and documents.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to sign the 'Modern papers - data protection' form.
Conditions governing reproduction
Usual copyright regulations apply.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
A hard copy of the catalogue is available at the National Library of Wales
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title supplied from contents of fonds.
Virtua system control number
Subject access points
- Manorial courts -- Wales -- Powys.
- Coal mines and mining -- Wales -- Carmarthenshire.
- Coal mines and mining -- Wales -- Pembrey.
- Coal mines and mining -- Wales -- Resolven.
- Coal mines and mining -- Wales -- Swansea.
- Deeds -- Wales -- Powys.
- Iron industry and trade -- Wales -- Glamorgan.
- Iron industry and trade -- Wales, South.
- Manors -- Wales -- Powys.
- Evenjobb (Wales)
- Glamorgan (Wales)
- Pembrey (Wales)
Place access points
Name access points
- Beaumont, S. L. (Creator)
- Ynisarwed Resolven Colliery Company -- Records and correspondence (Subject)
- Yniscedwyn Iron, Steel and Coal Company -- Records and correspondence (Subject)
- Trimsaran Coal, Iron and Steel Company. (Subject)
- Ynisarwed Resolven Colliery Company. (Subject)
- Ynyscedwyn Iron, Steel & Coal Company. (Subject)
- Evenjobb Manor (Wales) (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales
Rules and/or conventions used
Description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.; AACR2; and LCSH
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Compiled by Seri Crawley for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: NLW Schedule of S. L. Beaumont Collection; Powys Digital History Project (www.history.powys.org.uk), viewed 17 January 2003.