NLW MS 13691C.
Barddoniaeth a nodiadau
- 1773-1842 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
192 ff. ; 260 x 205 mm.
Half russia and marbled paper, with red lettering piece on spine bearing 'GOPX=BEIPD' in gilt
Name of creator
Bookplate and shelfmarks of Sir John Williams's library; originally the subscription copy of the Rev. Thomas Jones (1720?-1790), rector of Hirnant (see notes in his hand on ff. 18, 30, 45, and 103).
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Mrs. A. E. Penn, per Mr. W. A. Caffall; Thornbury Castle, near Bristol; Purchase; 1941.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A copy of Rhys Jones's book Gorchestion Beirdd Cymru .... (Amwythig, 1773), including transcripts of poetry and annotations by the Reverend Walter Davies, 'Gwallter Mechain'. Some of the items appear to have been transcribed from Llyfr Ystrad Alun (NLW MS 7191B). See also NLW MS 1658B, which contains a reference (p. 66) to this manuscript.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
The volume was transferred from the Department of Printed Books in 1941.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13691C
Virtua system control number
GEAC system control number
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Jones, Rhys, 1713-1801 (Creator)
- Davies, Walter, 1761-1849 NLW MS 13691C, f. 135(a) -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Williams, Robert, 1810-1881 NLW MS 13691C, f. 135(a) -- Correspondence (Subject)
- Davies, Walter, 1761-1849 Annotations and transcripts (19 cent.), NLW MS 13691C Letter to (1842), NLW MS 13691C, f. 135(a) (Subject)
- Jones, Thomas, 1720?-1790 Marginal notes by, NLW MS 13691C, ff. 18, 30, 45, 103 (Subject)
- Williams, Robert, 1810-1881 Letter from (1842), NLW MS 13691C, f. 135(a) (Subject)